Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pilates Reformer


After my long run on Sunday, I'm feeling confident with my training that I will be able to tackle 13.1 on April 13 but I'm realizing there are some significant gaps in my training that need to be addressed. Cross training. In the fall of 2011, I was the strongest that I've ever been. I hit several PRs that racing season and I know it was due to my diligent cross training. Yoga was at least a once a week occurrence, bodypump and Nike Fit Club were also my dear friends.

Right now I'm running. Running as much as I can to get my endurance and mental capacity up to tackle more significant distances. But now seven months postpartum I'm ready to step it up. I've given my body enough time to heal, specifically my abdominal region. There is healing that needs to be done that only is completed with time but now I'm ready to do some work. My core strength is non-existent so in addition to running during this training cycle I'm going to focus on core strength.

To kick off this new found revelation, I attended a Reformer Pilates class yesterday at work- and it was amazing. I'm just the right amount of sore today and am excited to make this class a part of my regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment