Saturday, June 22, 2013

Well That Was Hard

Melissa and I met this morning to run six miles on quiet dirt roads in Charlotte. I had a hard time getting up this morning - I'm sure the gimlets we were drinking last night had a little something to do with that. We headed out and right away I was struggling. At mile 3.5 I had no idea how I was going to finish. We hit mile 4.5 when we were a mile away from the car so we were going to have to make a turn to add on a little distance but after a quick exchange we decided to head back. Then about about a tenth of a mile later we decided we'd stop at 5 and walk the rest of the way. I was worried I was holding her back but luckily we were on the same page today. There was no way I would have been able to run another mile. Even Sirius was smiling when we finally stopped to walk!

1 comment: